Up-cycling broken crayons
At our house all of us love to draw & color. We use Paints, Color pencils and Crayons. But while coloring with crayons my son tends to breaks a lot of them. And then he doesn't want to use them because they are too small. So they have been lying around for a while. Today I decided to re-use them to make some colorful letters.
Materials needed :
- Silicone Alphabet mold ( get it here )
- Broken crayons
- Glitters (optional)
1. Remove any papers that the crayons are covered with & put different colored broken pieces in the mold & sprinkle some glitter.
2. Preheat the oven to 170F & put the mold in the oven for about 10 minutes. When the crayons melt take the mold out
3. Wait for the crayons to harden again and slowly take them out.
4. Enjoy your new colorful crayon alphabets & numbers !
Caution : Adult supervision needed for this activity.